Powered by PROVIDENT 1898
We’re building a marketplace that builds wealth and generates resources for businesses owned by Black and Brown entrepreneurs. Together, we’re making the economy more equitable—stewarding a legacy of successful entrepreneurship that will inspire the next generation.
Provident1898 is a Black-centric coworking community for innovative entrepreneurs, leaders and artists located in Downtown Durham in an iconic tower of the city’s Black Wall Street legacy.
LEARN, GROW & SUCCEED
Interested in being an ACQUIRE aspiring owner? Here’s what you can look forward to as part of the program.
- LEARN: Learn how to purchase a profitable business from experts and direct mentorships. Gain knowledge and skills to succeed and understand the marketplace.
- GROW: Expand your business by networking with experts and potential investors. Enhance your resume.
- SUCCEED: Control your schedule and your career. Evolve into a top-notch entrepreneur and build generational wealth.
MORE WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
ACQUIRE is designed to impact the full entrepreneurial ecosystem by creating opportunities for Black and Brown investors, sponsors and business owners. Looking for more ways to get involved with ACQUIRE? Here’s how you can contribute:
- Fuel local economic development in NC
- Support economic equity and help close the wealth gap by investing in Black and Hispanic entrepreneurs
- Gain early access to profitable acquisitions
- Gain access to ethnically diverse talent trained to assess and acquire businesses
- Contribute to economic shifts in diversity, equity and inclusion by funding acquisition entrepreneurship training for Black and Hispanic entrepreneurs
- Be a part of the solution for closing the economic wealth gap
- Access qualified, equipped entrepreneurs who can acquire your business
- Identify potential successors and work with them to build the acquisition plan
- Market your business to a pool of interested buyers at a low cost
Meet Our Founders
Interested in Learning More?
Sign up below to get notified of program updates, enrollment applications, and more!
Please note: All fields are required